Contact George


George Freeman MP
Rooms 333-335
Breckland Business Centre
St Withburga Lane

Norfolk, NR19 1FD


01953 600617


Westminster Office:

George Freeman MP
House of Commons


020 7219 6502


Protecting Your Data:

My office will not use your personal data in any way that goes beyond your reasonable expectations in contacting me. Please see my Privacy Notice.



Many people think that their MP can solve all their problems: this is sadly not the case and there are many examples where contacting an MP may result in a problem taking longer to resolve if the issue in question is not their responsibility. MPs are there to help only with those matters for which Parliament or central government is responsible.

For many matters, (for example if it is connected with local planning, the day to day running of schools, refuse collection, housing repairs, anti-social behaviour or public lavatories) the appropriate first step is to contact your local councillor.

Services in Norfolk are divided between Norfolk County Council and the local District Councils: Breckland District Council and South Norfolk District Council. The County Council manages services including schools, social services, strategic planning matters, highways, refuse and waste disposal sites, museums and libraries. The District Councils manage services including town planning, environmental health, housing, benefits, council tax collection, refuse collection and leisure facilities.

You can find the contact details for your local councillor at Norfolk County Council by clicking here.

You can find the contact details of your local councillor at Breckland District Council by clicking here or South Norfolk District Council here.

An MP is unable to settle private disputes with neighbours or employers, nor can he help in family arguments or commercial disputes. Nor can an MP interfere with decisions made in court or offer legal advice.

If you are unsure of who to go to or you have a problem of a more general nature then your nearest Citizens' Advice Bureau will be able to guide you.

Dereham, Watton & Holt CAB

Dereham Citizens Advice Bureau Assembly Rooms Ruthen Place Dereham Norfolk NR19 2TX Telephone: 01362 697776 Fax: 01362 692546

Norfolk Citizens Advice Bureau Norfolk Citizens Advice Bureau (Attleborough) The Town Hall Queens Square Attleborough Norfolk NR17 2AF Telephone: 03444 111444 Fax: 01953 459920

Drop-in sessions Tuesday 10.00 am – 4.00 pm Thursday 10.00 am – 4.00 pm Norfolk Citizens Advice Bureau (Wymondham) 14 Middleton Street Wymondham NR18 0AD Telephone: 03444 111444 Fax: 01953 603977

Drop-in sessions Monday 9.30 am – 3.30 pm Wednesday 9.30 am - 1 pm & For appointments only - 4:30 – 6.30 pm Friday 9:30 am – 3.30 pm

Norfolk CAB | website

If your problem is not local in nature and concerns central government policies (such as the National Health Service, HM Revenue and Customs who collect the bulk of tax and pay child benefit and tax credits, and the Department of Work and Pensions who deal with issues such as benefits, pensions and national insurance) then you should contact your MP. Your MP can help you with all matters for which Parliament or central government is responsible, such as:

How does my MP deal with my problem? Ways George could deal with problems of his constituents would be:

  • A letter to the relevant department or official.
  • A letter to the Minister involved.
  • Attempt to ascertain the reason behind decisions.
  • Appeal on behalf of an indivdual or community.
  • Speak to relevant autorites on your behalf.

Many problems (but not all) can be solved in this way. The Minister may not be able to give the answer you want to hear but if the decision has been made in the correct way there may be little that he can do. If you feel there has been unnecessary delay or maladministration George may be able to take your case to the Parliamentary Ombudsman. The Ombudsman can only be approached through George; you cannot approach that office directly. The Health Service Ombudsman can provide similar help where the problem involves the NHS.



I spend a lot of time out and about, and try to make myself as accessible as possible. I hold regular surgeries by appointment for people who need a private meeting to ask for my help with a difficult issue concerning Government. 

To book an appointment please call 01953 600617 or email

Alternatively, you can write to me for assistance. Please ensure that in both cases, you have (or have attached) all relevant paperwork, briefly outlined what the problem is, what you would like me to do, and provided clear written authority for me to act on your behalf.